Thursday, March 3, 2011

Speed Dating Making Picky Daters Even Pickier??

The old adage that variety is the spice of life falls on deaf ears when it comes to speed dating, a new study out of the U.K. attests.  In the March edition of the journal Biology Letters, researchers found that speed dating rarely leads to successful dating connections.  They found speed dating presents too many unnatural choices, leading people to avoid making decisions or, more often than not, leaving such an event single- De Georgio, The Star

Although I'm new at this, I would have to agree that maybe the bigger speed dating events (think over 40 people)  would make it difficult to choose. How could you possibly remember anyone after the 10th date. I think it's better to scale back for the host as well- all that running around with a bullhorn in your ear, screaming at folks!

Anyhoo, they say people know within seconds of meeting someone if there's chemistry or not.  So why  not have an auto-eject button built in the chair and bypass all the mubo jumbo.  More after the jump...

Halleloo!

8 comments:

I don’t know how they pick but it’s a way to meet new people so it’s better to risk than having nothing at all.

I they should since its already right there and if I was in the situation, I will do the same thing since it can be a life changing choice.

I like the term that you used auto eject or should I say auto reject. I just subscribed to your site.

Do you know any event that will happen the next month? I would love to see if I could go and check my luck though I don’t recommend it but I would love to try it out.

I think so but who knows what will happen in a speed dating since you won’t know you might fall in love with someone on a first site.

I also would want to know the answer to this question. If possible create a new post and I already bookmarked this one so I can check it out.

We really have different point of view in terms of finding our partner in life. Some are successful while some are not so its really different and it only depends which clicks on you.

That is why its called a risk because there is no assurance on having one but anyways its an option.

Post a Comment